Johnson College Offering Free Eight-Week College Readiness for STEM Occupations Program to Eligible Lackawanna County Teenagers
The College Readiness for STEM Occupations program includes presentations and hands-on discovery activities designed to increase awareness of career opportunities in the STEM workforce and to improve college-readiness skills. Participants are evaluated throughout the program based on attendance and discussion. The program will:
• Increase awareness of STEM-related occupations.
• Increase awareness of two-year options for post-secondary education.
• Designed for all students, not just those who will pursue post-secondary education or careers in STEM or STEM-related fields.
• Develop skills necessary for success in college and career.
• Increase student potential for academic and personal success through knowledge of campus resources.
Students who complete the program with at least 80% attendance will receive college credit (a $550 value). To qualify for the college credit, students will be required to sign-in at each session to verify attendance.