Member Company News
Solar Innovations®, a single-source provider of custom-glazed doors, windows, skylights, and structures, recently announced a new patent for a Continuous Sill for Doors with Sidelites.
This continuous sill assembly is installed under each doorway, sidelite, and vertical door frame member. This includes vertical jambs, mull posts, and vertical members of sidelites. Variations of the assembly allow for both inswing and outswing door operation. To shed water away from the building, a backstop with optional end dams is incorporated into the design, allowing for installation without an additional sill pan or flashing. An additional self-sealing continuous membrane is still recommended. To heighten thermal performance, the sill assembly can include one or more optional thermal breaks, that can be aligned with the thermal breaks of the door(s), sidelites, and vertical door frame members.
This innovation is another step forward in Solar Innovations®’ mission to provide the highest quality and most advanced architectural glazing products in the industry. For more information on the Continuous Sill for Doors with Sidelites, or any other Solar Innovations® products, please contact Solar Innovations® directly at
Solar Innovations was a MAEA 2020 Excellence Awards winner for Manufacturer Product Innovation.
Brendon Minnich - Solar Innovations
LVBCH & MAEA Partnership Brings New PBM Options to Employers
Since 2018, MAEA and LVBCH have partnered to offer members the opportunity to save on a full range of employee benefits at exclusive rates not available to individual employers. With many employers currently engaging in open enrollment activities, you are encouraged to consider the many benefits and plan options available to MAEA members through LVBCH.
Most recently, LVBCH announced endorsement of Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) Preferred Partners Express Scripts and WellDyne.
“Through our partnership with the Coalition, MAEA members have the opportunity to realize significant savings on a full range of employee benefits at exclusive rates not available to individual employers,” said Darlene J. Robbins, President of MAEA. “The announcement of new Preferred Partners for PBM provides our members with choice and additional opportunities to realize savings through our partnership with LVBCH.”
Carl Seitz, President of LVBCH added, “Planning for open enrollment is a great time to explore all of the options available to your company. LVBCH works closely with MAEA, employers, and the broker & benefit consultants communities. Because there is strength in numbers, LVBCH, along with MAEA, is able to negotiate rates that are lower than most single organizations could negotiate on their own. We are happy to assist employers interested in learning more. You can also request a quote of LVBCH pricing from your broker or directly from any of our partners.”
In addition to Prescription Benefit Manager (PBM) Partners, Express Scripts and WellDyne, LVBCH offers preferred programs for medical, dental, vision, and much more. Current Preferred Partners include: Capital BlueCross, Geisinger Health Plan, United Concordia Dental, EyeMed, IBH, BSI Core, B Swift & USI, BeneFIT Corporate Wellness, and Geneia.
Offer your employees better quality benefits at exclusive rates… are start saving money today!
For additional information on all the employee benefits programs available,
Darlene Robbins: (570) 622-0992 or
Or Donna Corsi: (610) 317-0130 or
MAEA Annual Excellence Awards Dinner
Please Join us in Honoring Our Manufacturers and Employers Who Have Demonstrated Excellence in 2019!Join us for an evening of celebrating and recognizing area manufacturers and service-providing firms.
Date: May 5, 2020 Cancelled
Location: Mt. Valley Golf Clubhouse, 1021 Brockton Mountain Road, Barnesville, PA 18214
Time: Cash bar 5:00pm, Dinner 6:00pm
We are Proud to Announce the Winners of our Annual Manufacturers & Employers Excellence Awards
Recipients of the Manufacturers Excellence Awards:
Hydro- Community Involvement
UFP Industries Gordon LLC- Process Improvement
Solar Innovations- Product Innovation
Clearly Clean Products, Inc. - Expansion
Hood Packaging Corporation - EHS - Environmental, Health & Safety
Recipients of the Employers Excellence Awards:
M&T Bank- Community Involvement
Schuylkill Technology Center - Product Innovation
Geisinger St. Luke's Hospital - Expansion
Honorable Mention Manufacturers:
KB Systems, Inc.- Product Innovation
Omnova Solutions, Inc. - Product Innovation
Honorable Mention Employers:
Miller Bros. Construction Inc.- Community Involvement
Walmart Supply Chain, DC 7030 - Expansion
2019 MAEA Commitment Award Recipient:
PPL Electric Utilities
Sponsorship Opportunities are available.
For more information or to register to attend the dinner or be a sponsor, please email Joani at
Thank you to our community members who have shown us support during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. We are continuing to accept donations to better equip our team as the COVID-19 surge continues.
If you are interested in donating to Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), we are accepting the donations below and have set up new drop-off locations to make donating even more convenient.
Supplies, including handmade face masks and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Handmade facemasks – Visit LVHN.org/facemask for more information, including patterns.
- If you need fabric to create face masks, visit the 2024 Lehigh St. drop-off location. See below for location hours and details.
- Face shields
- Hand sanitizer
- Hospital-grade cleaning supplies and disinfectant
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Lysol and Clorox, including wipes
- N95 masks
- Surgical masks
- Vinyl gloves
- Empty spray bottles – Must be new and hold 3 ounces of liquid or more.
- Two-way baby monitors – These assist COVID-19 clinicians who are caring for patients at the bedside in communicating with their team members outside of patient rooms. Video capability is not required but can be accepted.
Materials to make face masks
- Fabric bolts – New tightly-woven, breathable cotton fabric (preferred), or fabric blend, also tightly-woven and breathable, in any color or pattern, can be donated to help us create face masks.
- Cut pieces of fabric – New tightly-woven, breathable cotton fabric (preferred), or fabric blend, also tightly-woven and breathable, cut to 6-inches by 10-inches.
- Swatches of fabric – If you have swatches of new tightly-woven, breathable cotton fabric (preferred), or fabric blend, also tightly-woven and breathable fabric, we can use that as well.
- Elastic used for sewing – Must be new and in good condition.
- Sewing machines – The only drop-off location for this item is 2024 Lehigh St.
Cards for patients and caregivers
Calling all artists, young and old, to help cheer up hospitalized patients who are not permitted visitors by creating (nondenominational) inspirational get-well cards. You can also make encouragement or thank you cards for LVHN providers and clinical colleagues. Cards can be mailed to either address listed below.
- Lehigh Valley Health Network
PO Box 689
Allentown, Pa. 18105
- LVHN – COVID-19 Donations
2024 Lehigh St.
Allentown, PA 18103
MAEA Offers NEW Service - Recorded Webinars Available for Purchase
MAEA is now offering Recorded Webinars. MAEA Instructors are able to create materials to meet your specific needs and provide a recorded webinar for you to utilize.
• The ability to download a recorded webinar and utilize anytime.
• Supplement your training and development initiatives.
• Utilize as many times as needed.
• The ability to meet shift time requirements as the webinar can be played at any time.
• Can be customized to meet your specific organizational needs.
• Can be created for a wide range of subject matter and topics.
If you are interested in learning more about this service, please contact Chris Robbins at 570-622-0992 or email